Thursday, September 16, 2010

This is not a food blog, but on Monday I finally had the chance to dine at Balthazar, New York's most beloved bistro and I must tell you about it:

Balthazar was inspirational.


And since you're dying of curiosity, here's what I ordered:

A glass of Sancerre, light and citrusy Sauvignon Blanc to start the evening with a sparkle. One famous Balthazar salad, complete in its truffle-infused glory. A plate of flaky grilled branzini, sitting atop sweet onions and arugula, and a warm apple tarte tatin matched with a shot of espresso.*

Anyway, I felt inspired tonight when I got home from the gym, and whipped up an experimental salad. The results were especially delicious--crunchy, a bit sweet with a bite of spicy mustard, and a nutty follow-through.

Molly's standard vinaigrette.
2 cups shredded green cabbage
1 chopped red pear
1/2 chopped avocado
1 T toasted pine nuts
1 T toasted sesame seeds
Parmigiano Reggiano

*That I managed to put away so much food between glances over Steph's shoulder at Brooke Shields and family sitting just behind us is rather admirable, don't you think?

No comments: