Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Just began re-reading Anne of Green Gables. It's been years since I've pulled out the first of this delightful series, and I had forgotten how sweet it is. Seems like a sign of spring to be reading it.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Elizabeth Gilbert talks about creativity and how to deal with your expectations of it as well as other people's expectations. Very interesting, and timely for me, as I've been struggling a lot with being in a job where very little creativity is needed, while at the same time I have an intense desire to create but an equally intense fear of failing at it.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
2. I hate chicken. I didn't realize this until a few weeks ago. I kinda like some cuts of beef, I like pork, and most seafood is ok, as well as turkey (mmm, thanksgiving), but I hate chicken.
3. I get really tense while driving.
4. My favorite day of the week is Saturday. Morning, to be exact. (first I sit and drink coffee, then I clean, then I run, then I shower. only then am I free to enjoy the rest of the day).
5. I have a thing for sans serif fonts mixed with lovely handlettering.
6. Actually, I like contrast of nearly any type. Women wearing t-shirts with dressy skirts, black with brown, vintage with modern.
7. I was high school valedictorian.
8. Then I got to college, majored in art, and quit worrying about my grades.
9. I dislike white, creamy foods: milk, cream cheese, gravy, etc. Ice cream doesn't count.
10. I have never left the Continental US. This is not something I am proud of. Someday I will change that....
11. I am an obsessive knitter. I just can't stop. Do you need gloves? A hat?
12. I love depressing love stories. You know, the unrequited love stories, or impossible love stories.
13. I use the ellipsis all the time when I write.... I try to stop, and I usually end up going through my emails post-composition and replacing them with periods.
14. I love peonies in the garden. They smell divine.
15. I would like to visit Amsterdam first.
16. And then settle down in Canada, where it is nice and cold and socialist.
17. When I was a kid, I owned bucket calves, several pigs, and a hen-house full of chickens.
18. I also drove a tractor on occasion. Once I pulled out a fence-post with the field cultivator.
19. My favorite pastime was sewing period clothes for my Barbies.
20. Baking bread releases tension just about as well as a good run.
21. Whole wheat bread fresh from the oven plus real butter equals pure perfection.
22. I read LOTS of blogs during the day at work, but rarely comment. I guess you could call me a blog-stalker (so if you're stalking mine, that's ok).
23. My biggest pet peeve is when people invade my personal space. It spans 2 feet around me on all sides, and 3 near my shoulders.
24. In my family, I am known for telling tall tales. My family still believes that I told my Wednesday night teacher that my sister had broken her nose the night that she actually fractured her wrist. (this is not true, however.)
25. I'm out!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Pretty, no? They're Fryes, just like my first pair this season. I have been watching these boots, waiting for the sale to hit. And today was my lucky day!
Thanks to the new boots and a killer bluegrass station on Pandora (thanks, Demo, for letting me use your password and login!) with lots of the Greencards and the Be Good Tanyas, I think I'll survive one more day of designing Thomas Kinkade Christmas cards. Aaaack!