1. I love to run. Far. Not too fast. Music playing in my ears. People driving by. I like to imagine that they are envying me for my fitness and my freedom.
2. I hate chicken. I didn't realize this until a few weeks ago. I kinda like some cuts of beef, I like pork, and most seafood is ok, as well as turkey (mmm, thanksgiving), but I hate chicken.
3. I get really tense while driving.
4. My favorite day of the week is Saturday. Morning, to be exact. (first I sit and drink coffee, then I clean, then I run, then I shower. only then am I free to enjoy the rest of the day).
5. I have a thing for sans serif fonts mixed with lovely handlettering.
6. Actually, I like contrast of nearly any type. Women wearing t-shirts with dressy skirts, black with brown, vintage with modern.
7. I was high school valedictorian.
8. Then I got to college, majored in art, and quit worrying about my grades.
9. I dislike white, creamy foods: milk, cream cheese, gravy, etc. Ice cream doesn't count.
10. I have never left the Continental US. This is not something I am proud of. Someday I will change that....
11. I am an obsessive knitter. I just can't stop. Do you need gloves? A hat?
12. I love depressing love stories. You know, the unrequited love stories, or impossible love stories.
13. I use the ellipsis all the time when I write.... I try to stop, and I usually end up going through my emails post-composition and replacing them with periods.
14. I love peonies in the garden. They smell divine.
15. I would like to visit Amsterdam first.
16. And then settle down in Canada, where it is nice and cold and socialist.
17. When I was a kid, I owned bucket calves, several pigs, and a hen-house full of chickens.
18. I also drove a tractor on occasion. Once I pulled out a fence-post with the field cultivator.
19. My favorite pastime was sewing period clothes for my Barbies.
20. Baking bread releases tension just about as well as a good run.
21. Whole wheat bread fresh from the oven plus real butter equals pure perfection.
22. I read LOTS of blogs during the day at work, but rarely comment. I guess you could call me a blog-stalker (so if you're stalking mine, that's ok).
23. My biggest pet peeve is when people invade my personal space. It spans 2 feet around me on all sides, and 3 near my shoulders.
24. In my family, I am known for telling tall tales. My family still believes that I told my Wednesday night teacher that my sister had broken her nose the night that she actually fractured her wrist. (this is not true, however.)
25. I'm out!