Monday, February 18, 2008

A hint of spring (Just a hint)

Today was a giddy day. The fact that we're supposed to be celebrating-- something about presidents--was excuse enough for me to take the day off. It even came on the heels of a relaxing weekend, so I awoke early this morning & cheerfully attacked the remainder of my list. The morning started with a rainstorm & a space heater, but when I ventured outside, it was a balmy, damp day that smelled of rain and dirt and spring. It was 60F--wait, yes really! in the usually frigid northeast! Enough to make this girl giddy with joy.

Somehow, there is just nothing like rare warmth & a free day...in this case, it led to two steamy loaves of french bread and a full pot of soup*, as well as a bevy of organizing & errands. In spite of the cooling weather outside, the joy of being able to slowly, happily savor my day still lingers with me this evening.

*I promise to post pics tomorrow. It was a lunch feast that I quite happily devoured!

1 comment:

Mel said...

mmmmmm.... I want a thick slice of that french bread. I know it's yummmy!

I'm glad you had a good day. POST those pictures! :)